Mine, mine, and the people paying me


Saturday 9: The Fool on the Hill (1968)


Chosen because Monday is April Fool's Day.

1) As an April Fool's prank, Taco Bell once announced they had purchased The Liberty Bell and renamed it The Taco Liberty Bell. Describe your perfect taco.



A shrimp taco is sounding pretty good right now.


2) Similarly, as an April Fool's prank, the Ford Motor Co. was supposed to wipe out the national deficit by purchasing the naming rites to a beloved monument, renaming it the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial. What model car do you drive? 



Lexus although, I do not drive as much as I use to as I really do not have anywhere to go.

3) In 1998, Burger King got in on the April Fool's Day fun by promoting a special "Left-Handed Whopper," designed to be easier for a leftie to hold. Describe your perfect burger.



For many reasons, I have not eaten red meat in over 10 years. I don't miss it either.

4) In 1962, when color TV was still new, a Swedish station pranked viewers by telling them they could convert their black/white sets to color by cutting up a nylon stocking and stretching it across the screen. Of course, in 1962, more women wore nylons and screens were smaller. How big is your TV? Are there any nylon stockings in your home?



We have TV's of various sizes here. I have a big one in my bedroom and an even bigger one in my great room for movies.

5) In 1957, the BBC ran an April Fool's story about how the Swiss were enjoying a "bumper spaghetti crop," with spaghetti literally growing on trees. Viewers who called the station, asking how to grow a spaghetti tree of their own, were told to place a sprig of spaghetti in a can of tomato sauce and hope for the best. Have you ever fallen for an April Fool's prank?


Hope not.

6) When Crazy Sam was growing up, her mother would surprise her on April Fool's Day by slipping a rubber worm or plastic spider in her lunch box. When you were in school, did you more frequently brown bag it or buy your lunch in the cafeteria line?

My parents were too cheap to spend 40 cents a day on my lunch. Thus, I got crappy bologna sandwiches on toasted white bread with the edges cut off and mustard on top. Those sandwiches were soggy by the time it was lunch period and they tasted terrible. I will never eat bologna again however, I miss those crappy sandwiches because my mother made them special for me every day.


7) This week's song was an international hit for Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66. Because of the song's bossa nova arrangement, everyone assumed the lead singer, Lani Hall, was Brazilian. She was a folk singer from Chicago. Sergio Mendes discovered her at a charity benefit. Can you think of a time when doing good really paid off for you?


With my blog (not this one of course. Blogger hates me as it is.).



8) In 1968, when this record was popular, Pierre Trudeau became Prime Minister of Canada. Today his son holds that office. When did you most recently visit our neighbor to the north?


Like 30 years ago before you needed a passport to go. 

9) Random question: Name the three websites you visit every day. 


Mine, mine, and the people paying me for advertising and affiliate sales. YAY!!! Enjoy your week :)


Comments

The Gal Herself said…
I enjoyed reading about your mom's bologna sandwiches. I can still hear the sound of my mom taking the cereal bowls out of the cabinet and putting them on the counter on weekday mornings. I had the room nearest the kitchen, and those sounds clued me in that Mom would soon be rapping on my bedroom door.
Jodi said…
I haven't had a bologna sandwich in so long... and now I want one! LOL Have a great Saturday!
CountryDew said…
When I was a teenager I ate a lot of bologna sandwiches. I ate mine with ketchup. I still buy bologna occasionally but not often. Haven't had any in a good while. I am glad someone has figured out how to be successful with blogs, because I sure haven't.
Kwizgiver said…
Ooooh, a shrimp taco would be good!
Lori said…
I love bologna sandwiches. I am sure it is a childhood pleasure. I do not have it often, but every so often I will go on a kick. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts