Chocolate...



Saturday 9: Easter Parade ("In Your Easter Bonnet") (1948) 1) This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your "Sunday best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?


Nope..unless you consider leggings and a sweatshirt...




2) Judy Garland's partner in this movie was supposed to be Gene Kelly, but he was unavailable because he broke his ankle playing volleyball. Have you ever lost a big opportunity because of a medical issue?

Last year when I was on crutches kind of put an end to a lot of things for me.



3) Garland later confessed that, at first, she would have preferred Kelly because she knew him well and was intimidated by Fred Astaire. By the end of filming, she found she enjoyed Astaire a great deal. Can you think of a friend with whom you had a rocky relationship at the beginning? 


Being more chronologically gifted has given me a pretty good sense about people.


4) This song was inspired by New York City's Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event? 


pfffttt.... no




5) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate? 


That is a sick question.





6) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favorite jelly bean color, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference?

Pina Colada..



7) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween? 

I have a bite of sugar free chocolate daily. So, I guess it would be the same.

8) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated? 

Chocolate...


 9) This year, April Fool's Day happens to coincide with Easter Sunday. Do you expect to fall victim to any pranks this weekend?

Lordie...I hope not.

I lost my dog this week. She certainly fought a tough battle. But, she is out of pain and I am dealing with everything else. Thanks for your prayers.  


Have a great weekend S-9ers!

Comments

Bev Sykes said…
So sorry about your dog. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. {{hugs}}
The Gal Herself said…
That is rough about your dog. Anyone who reads your blog even once knows you gave her a wonderful life. I hope you get some comfort from that. In this world where people treat companion animals as though they are as disposable as kleenex, she was lucky to have you.
Stacy said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sometimes I think losing a pet is almost worse than losing a person....dogs are so dependent on us and we end up feeling like we failed them. Plus, who loves you like your dog? I can't think of anyone else who is always that glad to see me.

Chronologically gifted. Ha! I like that.
Kwizgiver said…
I was so sorry about your beloved dog. xo
I am Harriet said…
Thanks- you are so sweet. I did spend the last day really taking care of her like I knew it would be her last.
I am Harriet said…
We certainly think the same Stacy. Thanks for all of your prayers too.
I am Harriet said…
Thanks Kwiz. I guess that life does go on and I have to as well.
Diana_CT said…
I'm sorry about your dog.
Chocolate will cure anything!
Sorry about your sweet schnauzer doggie. She finally can go play somewhere pain free, and wait for you.
The reason I say this is that a year or so after Jaz died, I had a dream about him. He ran by me -smiling. His teeth, the bane of his life...looked like human teeth and he was showing them off! It's nice to believe it's true. Maybe Iris (?) and Jaz will keep each other company. We can hope!
CountryDew said…
Very sorry about your dog. I know that is hard. Cyberhugs. And chocolate? Yeah, the Ambrosia of life.

Popular Posts