more than just 'a box'.




I'm a 2. I'm not sure why Dark Chocolate is on the list though.




Saturday 9: Backfield in Motion (1969)


1) This week's Saturday 9 has a football theme because there's a big game Sunday. Will you be watching?


I'm not really as excited about as I have been in past years. Kinda sick of someone playing perhaps.


2) The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What's on your menu this weekend?

Pizza I guess.



3) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for consuming guacamole. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?

Guacamole. Got a big thing of it at Sam's Club

4) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH. Have you ever visited Canton, or any other city in Ohio?

Drive-throughs only. As in drove through the state on my way to somewhere else.

5) This song mentions different moves that football players -- and, it seems, girlfriends -- can make that will result in penalties. What's the last rule you broke? What were the consequences?

Had a glass of wine before 5pm. Got a nice buzz from it.

6) In 1969, the year this song was popular, the Colts lost to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. The game is famous because of all the hype leading up to it, including Joe Namath "guaranteeing" his underdog Jets would win. Tell us about a time when you felt like an underdog.

Um..Spent a good portion of my life as a Cubs fan.

Have you seen Joe lately? He's kinda pathetic on those commercials. I feel sorry for him.


7) This week's featured duo, Mel and Tim, are cousins from Mississippi. Tell us about one of your cousins.

Most of them live on the east coast.

8) The song is about a man who catches his girl cheating and he just won't put up with it. In romance, do you find it easy to forgive and forget?

I like to move on. Lately, however, there has been a lot of eye rolling to go with it all.

9) Random question: You've collected a box of gently-used items to donate to a second hand store. What would it be most likely to contain: clothes, housewares, or books/video/music?

Clothes. And it's more than just 'a box'....


Comments

Bev Sykes said…
Joe Namath is essentially unrecognizable in those commercials!
Jodi said…
I too, am tired of someone always in the Superbowl... so hoping they lose this year!
Diana_CT said…
"Kinda sick of someone playing perhaps." and just think what it is like in New England. I will never forgive the Patriots for costing us millions in tax payer dollars. They used Connecticut as a bargaining chip when they wanted a new stadium, they said that they were moving to Hartford and in good faith Connecticut started doing preliminary work on the new stadium.
The Gal Herself said…
#6 -- How did I forget all those not-so-stellar Cub teams? Is it that I refused to admit they weren't as good as they could be? Love will blind you, you know.

And I get so sad when old Joe smiles and says that with Medicare insurance, he free rides to the doctor. You're Broadway Joe, dammit! You should have a car and a driver!
CountryDew said…
Apparently I don't recognize Joe in commercials or I haven't seen them. Actually I thought he was dead. I don't keep up well.
Kwizgiver said…
I didn't recognize ol' Joe in the commercials at first. He used to be so dazzling!
Lori said…
Let's just say, I am not watching the Superbowl for the same reason and being from Missouri the other team does not make me too happy either. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Stacy said…
I'm a 5, but I don't think I should have to count green and black olives separately. Yeah, Joe is just kind of sad, but I think part of that is because it makes me feel old, too.
I am Harriet said…
I was wondering how you felt about the Pats given where you live.
I am Harriet said…
Wonder if he was secretly a Cubs fan in the day. Could have been a Pepitone thing.
I am Harriet said…
One of those- I wonder about a lot of these people from the day
I am Harriet said…
A heartthrob, as Marsha put it
I am Harriet said…
You have me wondering how many other people won't watch because of him
I am Harriet said…
You have a point about the olives, although I'll eat both. At least we are not looking at medicare plans like Joe

Popular Posts