Another guess.









Saturday 9: I Forgot to Remember to Forget (1955)

In honor of Elvis' birthday (January 8.)


1) Elvis sings that he thinks about this girl all the time. What person or topic is on your mind this Saturday?

The massive snow event that is in the forecast for my area.


2) He wants to forget the day he met his girl, but simply can't. Think about someone very important in your life. Did you know right away that they were going to be influential? 

I guess. To be honest, I'm at a blank at the moment.


Since this week's song is about memories, let's check on how well you recall events in your own life.



3) What was the first concert you ever attended?
Oh crap. Probably one of those free ones they had at the local mall on Monday nights in the summer when I was growing up. I hated that as a kid however, today it would fun to go to one. Bring a bit of vino perhaps.

4) Where did you get your first piercing? (Not only where on your body, but who did the deed and where did they do it?)


I was 12 and my older sister took me to Carson's where they were doing free piercings if you spent $10 on gold studs.

5) What's the name of the bank where you had your first checking account?

UM. I cannot remember, National Bank or something. I was 16 and had my first real job. It was at the local mall where the concerts had been a decade before. The bank was obviously gobbled up by a bigger bank which was also gobbled up. 

6) Tell us about your first bicycle. 
A red tricycle that my brother drove over as he was obviously learning how to drive.

7) Who received the first text you ever sent?
My son. Another guess.

8) What had you been drinking when you suffered your first hangover?

Beer in college. Cheap and crappy fraternity beer.

9) Whose was the first wedding you ever attended?

My sisters! YES! I remembered something!!


Comments

Stacy said…
Ha! I owe my first hangover to cheap, crappy fraternity drinks, too. What a thing to bond over.
The Gal Herself said…
I have our local channel 5 news on right now. You'd think we'd never seen snow in Chicago before!
Diana_CT said…
The storm is going to the south of us. So far this year we only had 5 inches of snow, North Carolina has beaten us in snow amounts this year.
The fraternity beer of choice was Genesee Cream Ale
Kwizgiver said…
My college drink of choice (until I learned better) was gin & lemonade--we would pour gin over a can of frozen lemonade concentrate to "water it down" in our massive tumblers. Oh, lordy!
CountryDew said…
We are waiting on the snow, too. Well, not waiting, it is here, pouring down. My bike was run over too.
I am Harriet said…
I was thinking the same :)
I am Harriet said…
We had been spoiled all month.
I am Harriet said…
Unfortunately, I went to collage in an area where pbr and Busch were popular...
I am Harriet said…
I never did that to my frozen lemonade...thankfully
I am Harriet said…
Just saw the weather warnings for your are on TWC too
Ha! We should all go to free concerts in the Midwest (someplace in the middle maybe, around Nebraska?) and bring bottles of wine. I'll bring cheese too, and even crackers.

Popular Posts