Better than average


One Day After a Bath..

Saturday 9: Winter Wonderland (1968)

Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2018! Thanks for a great year, everyone.


1) This is an unconventional take on an old familiar song. Over the holidays, do you prefer traditional carols? Or do you like to mix it up with with more contemporary fare?



I really am not the biggest fan of either.




2) Now that Christmas is behind us, are you enjoying a relaxing week? Or do you have socializing/celebrating/chores to do?

I have a hellamess to clean up now that everyone else has moved on.



3) Winter is a time for cocooning. What book or movie did you enjoy in 2018 that you would recommend to your fellow Saturday 9-ers? 

I have discovered Kate Morton and as a result, I have enjoyed her books this past year.


4) Looking back on the past year, what was one of your happiest moments?

Finishing up that marathon.


5) What was the smartest thing you did all this past year? 

Got the second puppy to keep the first one occupied.

6) As 2018 comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?

That we are not in any new wars and that the country is still technically a democratic republic.


7) This week's featured artist is Herb Alpert. Because of the style he popularized and the name of his band, people assume he's Hispanic. Yet his parents were Jewish immigrants from Romania. What's something we'd be surprised to learn about you?


I'm a former Miss America.




Are you surprised? Me too. lol. I'd be just as surprised if it were true.



8) He performed an instrumental version of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXII. How did your favorite sports teams do in 2018?

Better than average thank you.

9) Random question: When did you last check your social media feed?

A second ago. Kwiz had something good up I think.



HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Lori said…
Oh my heavens! I love the picture of your doggies! So cute! I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Your lil pups are so cute! Adorable!
Now I have to go see what Mz Quiz has been up to.
Have a nice weekend 🧹 🧼 🧽 cleaning up. 😁
Diana_CT said…
I had a party Christmas Eve party and I'm still cleaning up from it.
https://youtu.be/QoQZ0qmf-mk
Stacy said…
I can identify with the hair day your pups are having.
Yeah....my house is a mess, too. No company, just working too much and getting ready for Christmas. I'm off tomorrow with nowhere to go so maybe I can make a dent.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
The Gal Herself said…
If you can handle a marathon, Harriet, you're ready for the swimsuit competition in Atlantic City!

Happy New Year.
Kwizgiver said…
I love your puppies!

I was all in on the former beauty queen story--you had me going there!
CountryDew said…
I shall consider you to be a Ms. America from now on, no matter what! Have a happy new year.

Popular Posts