gesundheit







1) The title of this song, "Mother and Child Reunion," came from a dish Paul Simon had at a Chinese restaurant. "Mother and Child Reunion" was chicken and egg drop soup. When did you last eat chicken?
  
I don't even know. I'm not a big chicken person. I burnt out from eating too much chicken on diets.




2) Paul Simon's mother, Belle, was an English teacher Monday through Friday and then gave piano lessons on the weekends. Have you ever worked more than one job?

Yep. Always. Always have a plan b.


3) Mother Winters taught Sam to always dispose of the dry cleaning bag, as storing clothes in the bag may discolor the fabric. Do you have any useful household hints to pass along?

Um. Figure out a way to reuse whatever you are about to throw away, in the garden. I've been doing some gardening today.

4) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? 
I am 80% done with the rotation. I would have finished last weekend had I not had romainecoli. 


  
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
I've started knocking out the veggies. Then I will move on to the flowers. Probably after Memorial Day as I will be going to see my son in MN and also flowers get cheaper after Memorial Day. Yay.



6) In the 1600's, the British began celebrating "Mothering Sunday." Children presented flowers to their mothers after Sunday service. When did you last place flowers in a vase? Where they store-bought, or picked from someone's garden?
I like to buy fresh flowers every other week and place them in my kitchen on on my dining room table. Earlier this week I got some great looking white roses. Of course, I also wanted to make sure that I have roses for Mother's Day if you know what I mean....




7) The German word for "mother" is "mutter." What other German words do you know? 

gesundheit

  
8) When Sam was a teen, her mother used to scold her for monopolizing the family landline. With the advent of cell phones, do you think parents and children still clash over telephone etiquette?

ha ha ha
Those who moaned about the hogging of the landline are no longer around sadly of course. I am sure that somewhere they are yelling at me for air conditioning the outdoors however.


  
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars!Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?

I am into the sugar free chocolate bars that are available at Trader Joes and luckily, on Amazon.




Happy Mother's Day to all :)

Comments

The Gal Herself said…
Like you, I air conditioned the outdoors. When I stood near the TV, I made a better door than window, too. Do you suppose that somehow we had the same parents? :)
Stacy said…
I think those "gems" of wisdom are universal to all parents. I heard those same things, too. Including making a better door than window.
Diana_CT said…
I use to grow veggies but either the critters got them or I had way too many tomatoes, peppers and other veggies all at once.
Kwizgiver said…
I think I would like to try container gardening. I need to google how to start.
CountryDew said…
We have two tomato plants in pots. That will be the extent of our garden this year, alas. Oh well. I found your cartoon of the woman on the scales to be like looking backwards in a mirror or some such.

Popular Posts