Stick with a bit of powder on top.


The first one...


Saturday 9: High Noon (1952)

  1) What will you be (or were you) doing at high noon on Saturday? 
Probably this to be honest...

2) In this song, Tex Ritter sings he doesn't know what fate awaits him. How strong is your sense of intuition? Tell us about a time you knew what would happen before it occurred.

Like every day. I'm a mom.

3) This song was the theme of a hit movie western by the same name. It starred Gary Cooper as a small-town sheriff. When did you last interact with a member of law enforcement?


Wow. Last year a cop came into the restaurant and gave me a heart attack. Until he told me that he was just there to eat lunch.

4) Grace Kelly co-starred as the "fair-haired beauty" mentioned in this song. Four years later, she gave up films to become Her Serene Highness, Princess Grace of Monaco. Which job seems like more fun -- movie star or royal? 

Well... hers seemed nice until she let her kid take the wheel of the car. Movie star sounded nice until all of that harassment stuff came out. So... maybe I'll just say professional dog walker.


5) Though he cultivated a "just plain folk" persona, this week's featured artist, Tex Ritter, was really cosmopolitan and highly educated, earning a degree in economics from the University of Texas before going on to study pre-law at Northwestern. Do you think the "real you" is consistent with the image you convey? 


Probably not. I'm pretty private.

6) Tex Ritteuur was the father of Emmy-winning comedic actor, John Ritter. John is remembered fondly as the voice of Clifford, the Big Red Dog. Clifford appeals to children because he is "gentle, friendly, loyal, lovable and clumsy." Do any of those adjectives apply to you? 

I didn't know that...
I guess I'll roll with friendly...lol


7) Tex is also the grandfather of Jason Ritter, star of ABC-TV's Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. If you followed one of your grandparents into their line of work, what would you be doing?

Well... it wouldn't be a damn 'homemaker' (worst word ever). And it wouldn't a silk weaver...obviously.  Silk was replaced by nylon and now nobody wears nylon. So... all that is left is store owner and I guess that fits.


8) In 1952, the year "High Noon" was popular, Stopette, the first antiperspirant deodorant spray, was introduced. Do you use a deodorant spray, stick or roll on?


Stick with a bit of powder on top. It's become an OCD thing.


9) Random question: What's something you have always wanted to own, but never have?

A friggin' membership to Costco. We don't even have one here. Who am I kidding?? But, they have everything where my son lives! Everyone always talks about how great Costco is.  All I have is Sam's Club.


Anyone else looking forward to the possibility of world peace?

Comments

The Gal Herself said…
I once dated a cop. He and his cop friends all ate and socialized at the same bars and restaurants. Would you want yours to become a cop hangout? Would it make you feel safe? Are they good tippers?
Bev Sykes said…
Hmmm...I thought it was Grace who was driving...
Kwizgiver said…
I live so far away from the rest of the world, I don't even live near a Sam's OR a Costco. Or Target. We just have Walmart and I refuse to go there. :(
I am Harriet said…
I don't know about the tipping, or care that much but, you have a point about the safety thing
:)
I am Harriet said…
I'm pretty sure that they found out it was her daughter who was way too young to be driving. Imagine having to live with that
I am Harriet said…
We actually have one decent Walmart but, since nobody wants to shop at the nasty one across town, Walmart corporate came up with genius idea of stocking the nasty one with more stuff so people would cross town to shop there. Like anyone would...
Stacy said…
I'm thinking professional dog walker would be a supremely satisfying job.
We only have Sam's around here and even they aren't all alike. The one near our son has a lot of stuff ours doesn't have.
CountryDew said…
I don't live near a Costco, either. If you won't call a person who stays at home a homemaker, what would you call him or her?

Popular Posts