Whip me up a strawberry shake.


Saturday 9: Valentine (1993)



This song was specially chosen for the Saturday 9 closest to Valentine's Day.

1) This is a love song written by Willie Nelson for his young son. Have you sent any Valentines this year to someone you love who isn't a romantic partner? 


I have. 



2) Today that little boy, Lukas, is a singer/songwriter who wrote eight of the songs for the 2018 A Star Is Born soundtrack. Have you seen the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga big screen romance?

Not yet. I'm waiting for it to come down in price on iTunes although, I may cave.



3) On Valentine's Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone. Who did you most recently speak to on the phone? 


My husband is out by the mall and wanted to pick up pizza from there. As long as I get my wine..


4) Penicillin was also introduced on Valentine's Day (in 1929). When you get a shot, do you look away when the needle touches your skin?

I have given hundreds of shots, at least in my RN days. To this day I still will not look at the thing when I am getting one.



5) According to legend, a gift of red roses signifies love and romance. When did you last purchase flowers or plants? Did you buy them for yourself, or someone else?


I bought some fake roses in a vase at Homegoods for my bedroom. The puppies can't destroy those.


6) This week's artist, Willie Nelson, can trace his family tree back to the Revolutionary War. Captain John Nelson served with the Minutemen back in 1776. If you could go back in time to witness any great moment in American history, which would you choose?

The Women's Right to Vote was pretty cool as was D-Day.



7) Before he became a musical success, Willie was a door-to-door salesman, peddling first Bibles, then vacuum cleaners. INC magazine tells us that the traits of successful salespeople include resilience and good listening skills. Do you think you'd make a good sales person?

I've sold stuff online and made some money. So, I guess I am okay at it.


8) In 1993, when this song came out, Saved by the Bell aired its series finale. Crazy Sam likes to tease her brother because he once admitted to her that he has seen all 86 episodes of this teen sitcom. Is there a show that you believe you've seen every episode?

Seinfeld. Grace and Frankie. No doubt The Brady Bunch, Batman, and Beaver as a kid. I'm still working on Friends but I tend to doze off to it. Thank goodness it's just Netflix. Oh I did binge the Sopranos a few years ago. And SATC.


9) Random question -- We're having milkshakes! What's your favorite flavor?

Whip me up a strawberry shake.
Haven't had a shake in 100 years though :)

Comments

The Gal Herself said…
#5 -- I know! I cannot have plants or flowers at home because of the cats. Our companion animals own us, Harriet.
Jodi said…
I too haven't had real plants in the house because of the cats I have had over the years... so lots of artificial ones! Have a great Saturday!
Lori said…
I am super excited to see A Star is Born. I think I just read on another blog it will come down on Tuesday. I can wait. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Kwizgiver said…
I forgot about the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family shows from my childhood.
CountryDew said…
I probably saw all the Brady Bunch, etc., too, when I was young. Everybody wants a strawberry milkshake. Except me.
Diana_CT said…
I like you answer for #6. I don't know about D-Day though unless I am on a ship.
There is a dairy bar in Northampton MA that makes the best shakes, all the milk comes from their own farm from grass fed cows.
Stacy said…
Did you look at it when you gave other people shots? LOL
D-Day would be a pretty exciting day to witness.

Popular Posts