Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.




Saturday 9: My Favorite Things (2018)



1) This week's artist, Jennie Abrahamson, is very happy living in Stockholm, but she refers to Paris as "a flirt." She enjoys her time there so much she always wants to return. Is there a place you've visited that tugs at your heart and imagination, tempting you to return?


The outlet mall by where my son lives.
Really good one...

2) Jennie has said her music has been heavily influenced by 80s pop, which was popular in her early teen years. Are your favorite songs the ones you listened to when you were growing up? 

Nope.
I have moved on.




3) "My Favorite Things" is from The Sound of Music. Crazy Sam's high school claim to fame was playing Sister Margaretta in the senior class production. Though not a big part, her performance lives on because relatives love embarrassing her with pictures of her in an especially unflattering nun's habit. Who took an embarrassing photo of you? What were you doing?


Usually it's some crappy selfie because I have yet to master doing  that.




4) The lyrics celebrate "brown paper packages tied up in strings." What was in the last box you received in the mail?


Got something from Amazon. We recently got those Amazon trucks in my town and they are quite familiar with my house. 


5) It mentions doorbells and sleighbells. What's the most recent bell or alarm that you heard?

A ringtone on my husband's phone. A bit annoying ringtone at that.



6) This song has nice things to say about cold weather, specifically snowflakes and mittens. What do you like about winter?

No bugs.


7) Dog bites and bee stings are singled out as things that can leave us feeling sad. What's most recently given you the blues?

Hearing stories about people suffering from the recent shut down.


8) In 2018, when this song was released, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. Are you good with a racket?

Depends on what kind of 'racket' ha ha.
Actually, no.



9) Random question -- Your local zoo announced the hatching of three snowy owlets. All males. You won the honor of naming them. Go ahead.

Obviously, Larry Curly, and Moe.  Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

Comments

The Gal Herself said…
A trip to the outlet mall in Elgin used to the official start of my holiday season. My oldest friend and I used to literally pack snacks for the drive, compare our shopping lists in the car, and make a day of it. I think the mall has closed. I know my friend has moved. The "kids" on my gift list are now adults and would rather have gift cards than packages. Sigh. I enjoyed those shopping days more than I thought.
Stacy said…
Our outlet mall stinks. There are very few bargains to be found. It's mostly just the regular stores. I like the names for the owls. We had a pair of bunnies once that we named Cheech and Chong.
Jodi said…
I though about using Larry, Curly and Moe too...but went with something different.
Lori said…
I had such a good experience at an outlet mall in Orlando! I bought so much stuff. I believe I also found some deals in Dallas. We have outlet malls here where I live (Branson, MO), but they are not true outlet malls and do not have the good deals.
Your owl names are cute! Have a nice weekend! Loved your answers!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Kwizgiver said…
I am also saddened by how the shutdown is affecting my students' families (National Weather Service, Border Patrol, DFAS). *sigh*
CountryDew said…
The shutdown has wide-ranging affects that I'd not considered - like my friend told me she wasn't getting child support because her ex wasn't working and was furloughed. Glad it is over for 3 weeks but I bet in 3 weeks we're right back here.
I am Harriet said…
Orlando has the best outlet shopping in my opinion.
I am Harriet said…
You have to drive out to Aurora these days.
I am Harriet said…
There is one 20 minutes south of me that is down to like five stores now. They just lost Nike.
I am Harriet said…
They were too easy :)
I am Harriet said…
Some folks just don't get it do they?
I am Harriet said…
Exactly. It's the secondary and beyond effects that people sometimes forget to factor it
Diana_CT said…
I'm still stuck in the past, I usually listen to the bands of the sixties and seventies, I was just listen to Judith Durham from the Seekers
https://youtu.be/qKGfHExRXTc

Popular Posts