Big. and mine




Saturday 9: Listen, People (1966)



1) Basically Herman is telling us that we each both break hearts and have our hearts broken during our lifetime. Do you agree? 

I guess so.

2) He implores us to take his advice. Have you more recently given or received advice?

I have. My friends daughter just got married and now my friend is all about the advice for our upcoming nuptials.

3) Herman's real name is Peter Noone. He was popular with girls because of his bright, toothy smile. How's your oral health? When are you due to go to the dentist?

I had work done about a month and a half ago.

4) Peter/Herman got married on his 21st birthday. That's one way to make sure you don't forget your anniversary. Do you have a good memory for anniversaries and birthdays?

Just my immediate family. I use Google calendar for the important other ones.



5) Between 1965 and 1971, the Hermits worked very hard. They appeared on all the major TV shows of the day, recorded albums, made a movie and then criss-crossed the United States and the United Kingdom, performing live. After those six years, Peter decided he'd had enough and left the group. Have you ever felt burned out and ready for a change?

Yep. But, who hasn't?


6) In 1966, when this song was popular, the miniskirt took the fashion world by storm. What's the most recent piece of clothing you added to your wardrobe? 

I bought a cheap sweatshirt at Sam's Club last night.

7) In 1966, TVs were expensive pieces of furniture. A set with a 16" screen and a wood console sold for $250, which is $1,950 in today's dollars. Tell us about your TV. How big is it? Where did you buy it? 

Big. and mine. I think Sam's club.


8) David Schwimmer, aka Ross on Friends, was born in 1966. Who was your favorite Friend?

You know, I have actually made this show my summer binge as I had never watched it when it was actually on. I must admit that there is something about Schwimmer that annoys me. How could a PhD act so stupid sometimes? And what else bothers me is that the baby that he has with Jennifer Aniston (really..like that would have ever happened in real life..) is often absent. Like when she gets on the plane in the finale, where the heck is her kid? Cargo?? 

I might say that I started watching the show liking Pheobe but, I have learned to respect Matt LeBlanc as an actor.

9) Random question -- Describe your dream car.

Something that I can park anywhere or drive in any kind of weather without having to worry about it. Not so much on the impressive car these days. 



Comments

The Gal Herself said…
#5 -- I know! Probably as universal as having our hearts broken, huh?
CountryDew said…
Oddly enough I was the one who insisted we purchase a new TV this spring. My eyes are older and I was having a hard time seeing the old one. It was quite a change to go from that old TV to HD and the new smart televisions.
Lori said…
I do not really have a dream car either, I just want something dependable. I love your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Kwizgiver said…
#5 feels as though it happens often.
Stacy said…
At last, someone else who finds Ross completely annoying!
Diana_CT said…
I also use Google Calendar for birthdays, and I have a one week notice, a three day notice, and the same day notice.

Popular Posts