What? It's healthy - remember?






Saturday 9: I Love Lucy (1951)


1) Before today, did you know that the "I Love Lucy" theme had lyrics?

Um. Yeah.



2) Since its premiere in 1951, I Love Lucy has never been off the air. Are you a fan?

I certainly was at one time. True story, when I was little my sister would not let me watch it because she thought her behavior was an embarrassment to women. Little did she know how Lucille was way ahead of her time when it comes to TV production etc.



3) On the show, Ricky Riccardo supports his family by performing in a nightclub. Do you know anyone in show business?

Professionally? No. Not at the moment.



4) Lucy and Ricky's best friends are Fred and Ethel, their landlord and his wife. Are you friendly with your neighbors?

We are on good terms. They eat at my restaurant and I don't say anything mean to one who has a crappy political sign on their lawn.




5) One of the most popular episodes has Lucy and Ethel working on the conveyor belt at a chocolate factory. When did you last have chocolate?  

A minute ago. What? It's healthy - remember?




6) Another famous episode has Lucy promoting Vitametavegimin. This tonic is made with vitamins, meat, vegetables -- and 23% alcohol. Do you read the ingredients statement before you take an over-the-counter medication? Or do you trust that it's safe because it's on the store shelf?

I have a nursing background so yes, I always always always read each and every label.



7) I Love Lucy was filmed before a live audience. Desi Arnaz (Ricky) always maintained he could identify the chuckle of his mother-in-law, who attended every taping. Do you know anyone who has a distinctive laugh?

Yep. Don't we all? And you don't forget that person either. Ever.



8) The show ended when the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz marriage ended. Have you ever had to choose sides when a couple broke up?

When my daughter broke up with here boyfriend (not the guy she is engaged to obviously). Turns out she knew what she was doing too.




9) Random question -- You must eat the same dinner, every day, between now and Labor Day. An identical menu, no deviation. What will you be having?

I basically eat a large salad with lots of 'stuff' in it every night as it is so, yes, as salad.

I will be visiting my son in Minnesota next weekend for his birthday. I am not sure if I will be a Saturday 9'r or not.

Comments

I misread #7. Can I go back and change it?
You know it! Chocolate is healthy!
I never get to eat pasta, so I chose that to ear for a the rest of the time, with a salad and garlic bread and my favorite dessert. That's what fantasy is made of, right? 😍
Have a treat time with da kid... Safe travels!
The Gal Herself said…
#6 -- You not only read the labels, you get bonus points for UNDERSTANDING what you read.
Diana_CT said…
One of the neighbors a dozen houses down the street flies a Trump flag and he used to have a racist sign on his mailbox about president Obama.
Stacy said…
Chocolate is most certainly healthy. It comes from a bean, which is a veggie, so it can't be bad. Right? I love big salads and could probably live on them, but I'd have to learn to leave out the fries (it's apparently a regional thing to put fries on your salad).
Nonnie said…
Now that slide looks really fun!
Kwizgiver said…
I chose salads, too, because you can change them up a lot. :)
I am Harriet said…
I'm always misreading questions. Who cares right? Thanks Zip!
I am Harriet said…
Those are about the only things that I read and can understand lol
I am Harriet said…
I bet you have fun messing with that neighbor ha ha I would
I am Harriet said…
You get an A+ on making chocolate into a veggie. And for that I thank you.
I am Harriet said…
I like to do that too Kwiz
CountryDew said…
I'm so glad chocolate is healthy. And that you had some. Go Harriet!

Popular Posts