It's Impossible



Saturday 9: It's Impossible (1970)
 

1) In this song, Mr. Como maintains it's impossible to ask a baby not to cry. When did you most recently hold a baby? Did you ask him or her not to cry?



One of our waitresses brought her baby in to meet everyone. The baby was very well behaved..thank goodness..



2) Perry Como was known for his casual, easy going style. Therefore people were surprised to learn that he could lose his temper. His long-time musical director reported that bad drivers really got under Perry's skin. What is one of your pet peeves?



OMG! When people don't return things or restore things to the way they found them before they touched anything... wives- you know what I'm talking about.




3) Though Perry Como was born in Pennsylvania, he didn't speak English until he began grade school. His parents were Italian immigrants and the family only spoke Italian at home. Do you know any words/phrases in Italian?









4) He met Roselle, the girl he would marry, when they were both still in high school. Tell us about a high school classmate you were crazy about back in the day.




Good gravy. I have zero recollection at this time. Sorry. They were all losers. Or maybe I was the loser.





5) When he was just 14, his father's ill health made it essential that Perry begin working after school to help support his family. He apprenticed to a barber but was so short, he had to stand on a box when he cut hair. Again, going back to school, were you taller than your classmates? Shorter? Or were you the average height for a kid your age?




I was tall until the 6th grade when everyone else started to grow and left me in the dust.






6) While taping his annual holiday special in 1971, he fell from a platform and broke his knee. He had to wear a cast and endure 8 months of rehab. Have you ever broken a bone?  



I tore like everything in my knee last summer.That sucked.



7) During the decades when he was a recording and television star, Perry Como was also an avid golfer. He was so popular that many of the best pro golfers of the day -- Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, etc. -- were happy to play with him. It's estimated that it takes about 4 hours to play 18 holes of golf. What celebrity would you most like to hang around with for four hours?




I know who I would not like to hang out with this week thanks to turds in the news.





8) After he retired, Perry's passion switched from golf to fishing in the waters near Palm Beach, Florida. His catch of the day often ended up as his family's dinner. What's for dinner at your house tonight?



Pizza. And wine. Or is it Wine. And Pizza.




9) Random question -- They say "birds of a feather, flock together." But that's not always true. Can you think of an area where you are out of step with most of your friends/family?


I like to think that they are out of step with me thank you.



It's been hot as heck here and the kids are all out of school. I guess that it means it is unofficial summer around here.


Comments

Oh yes, apparently summer has arrived in most parts of the Midwest before Spring got a chance to slide gently away... GAWD! And that knee thing. That's one of the worst things that can happen to any bi-pedal ape, true.
I agree about 9. I do believe that the part of the family tree I married into had a terminal parasitic disease. Some of the limbs should have been cut out to save it. Shhhhh... heehee
Yay, Pizza! Ciou!
The Gal Herself said…
Glad your leg is feeling better. And, as they say in Italy, Ciao!
Stacy said…
I love your thinking on #9, that they are out of step with YOU! I believe I'm going to adopt that.
Count me among those glad to be starting "unofficial" summer now that school's out...even though I got ripped a new one by a pompous grammar nazi on Facebook yesterday because it would have been acceptable if I had said it was the start of summer vacation rather than the start of summer. Summer doesn't begin on the calendar until June 21. Facebook should have a feature that lets you swat annoying people like flies.
Nonnie said…
I forgot about Ciao! Glad your knee is better! The heat here is extreme and the forecast for the next 15 days is extreme. Regardless of what the calendar says, it is the "dog days of summer" now!
Diana_CT said…
My knee is acting up, I think it is muscular or let me put it this way "I hope that it is muscular."

Ciao!
JLS Hall said…
Same answer for No. 5! Thought I'd be tall like my dad, but ended up a shortie like my mom. Bummer. Happy Saturday!
CountryDew said…
Actually, Stacy, you are not incorrect. June 1 was the start of the "meteorological summer" for the weather people.
CountryDew said…
Those injuries that are more than breaks are worse than a break.

Popular Posts