HOT HOT HOT.




SATURDAY 9: BACK IN THE USA (1978)
 

1) This song lists seven cities -- New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge and St. Louis -- that Linda just loves. How many have you visited?


I think I have visited or driven through all of those cities mentioned.

2) The lyrics refer to hamburgers sizzling on the grill. What toppings do you believe make a perfect burger? 

I have not had a burger in over 10 years. If I were to I would probably opt for some cheese and lots of veggies.



3) The original recording of this song by Chuck Berry has always been one of Linda Ronstadt's favorites, one she used to enjoy singing along with in the car. What's the most recent song you sang? 



I think something Led Zeppelin came on the radio when I was on my way to meet my friend for lunch today. Can't remember what song though.


4) Linda sang The National Anthem at Game 3 of the 1977 World Series. The New York Yankees won both that game and the series. How is your baseball team doing this season?

As well as Gal's team I would think.

Since this is our last Saturday 9 before Independence Day, let's ask some questions about the holiday.  




5) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits on Independence Day?


probably not. I'm a weekend person to be honest.



6) The first man to sign the Declaration of Independence, John Hancock, said he wrote his name so large King George could see it, even without his glasses. Do you require glasses for reading? 

I require glasses to find my glasses....


7) Since July 4 is a federal holiday, banks are closed and there's no mail delivery. Thanks to email and ATMs, Sam finds going without those services isn't a hardship. What about you? Will you find it inconvenient that banks and the USPS are closed on July 4?

No. I'm just grateful we still have those services if you know what I mean...




8) The first 4th of July parade each year is held at 12:01 AM in Gatlinberg, TN. Will you attend a parade or fireworks to celebrate the 4th?


I think it may be raining here. Either way, I'm kinda over it all.
Plus, I'm not feeling too patriotic these days..



9) More and more Americans celebrate our nation's holiday by eating foods from Italy and Germany. For the July 4, 2016 holiday, more than $50 million was spent on Italian sausage and bratwurst. What's on your 4th of July menu?


Whatever Gal, Dew, and Kwiz are willing to serve to me and Zip and you.



HOT HOT HOT. But, I am not complaining because I'd rather have hot than snow and ice thank you.
Have a good 4th and a happy weekend.



Comments

auntiem4cabs said…
WHAT??? no one eats burgers anymore? I confess... I do !! Have a great weekend!!
The Gal Herself said…
Betty White is from Oak Park, you know. It's always nice to start a Saturday 9, gazing at my home girl.

I'm worried about the Cubs, in a post-2016 kinda way. With Milwaukee as good as they are, it looks like the only way we can get into the playoffs is as wildcard. Isn't that funny? 5 years ago, I'd be DELIGHTED with the wildcard slot. But that World Series spoiled me!
CountryDew said…
You can come to my house and eat anything you like. I'll even fix you a salad. :-)
I'm rather glad we still have a postal service, too. They have sure been undermining it for years.
Stacy said…
We are the blind leading the blind. My glasses are the last thing I take off when I'm already sitting on the bed and the first thing I reach for before I even stand up in the morning.

It's supposed to be yucky hot and humid here, too, but I am complaining. I don't like the snow and ice, either, but it'd be awesome if we could have more than 4 moderate days per year.
Diana_CT said…
"I require glasses to find my glasses...." Same here, I keep a old pair of glasses on my nightstand just for that reason
#7. and #8. Oh yes, I do know what you mean, and how you feel.
That glasses thing. How nutty is that? lol!
#9. We can have a "Movable Feast!" Alright! I'm in!
I am Harriet said…
I really don't miss them. If I do, I'll eat a Boca Burger or something
I am Harriet said…
Hey- I'm grateful. BTW- I was born in Oak Park
I am Harriet said…
I have a friend who was telling me that she is going camping in your neck of the woods next month. I actually thought for a moment about you.
I am Harriet said…
We are so much alike....
I am Harriet said…
Gosh- we need to leave one in every room practically.
I am Harriet said…
You are the coolest Ms Zip. We should call you The Zipinator :)

Popular Posts