Leggings all the way.




Saturday 9: Standing on the Corner (1956)
 

1) In this song, four friends congregate on Main Street to look longingly at pretty girls. In your town, where is the best place for people watching?



That's funny. I'm not sure that even exists here so I will just go with my restaurant. It's fun to watch people especially when the roll up in a mega expensive car (all of the males get snippy...) or when we have an hour wait on a Sunday morning and folks are way hangry.
2) This song was written for the Broadway musical, The Most Happy Fella. Who is the happiest person you know?


Maybe my daughter since she got engaged.


3) The members of The Four Lads met at Toronto's St. Michael's Choir School. Growing up, did you attend parochial or public school?



Public.


4) The Four Lads always wore jackets and ties when they performed. Do you enjoying dressing up? Or would you rather keep it casual? 

Leggings all the way.



5) While this song was a hit for The Four Lads, they were completely overshadowed in 1956 by Elvis Presley and "Heartbreak Hotel." Who do you think dominates today's music scene?


Not that I keep up or anything, I still know who Queen Bae is.



6) The Wizard of Oz aired on TV for the first time in 1956. Sam was never crazy about those flying monkeys. Tell us about something that frightened you when you were a kid. 



Funny. I just responded flying monkeys a few days ago to this question somewhere else.



7) What scares you now?


That I caught ecoli from a salad that I ate last week.  I feel like heck. :(


8) Since this week's song is about pretty girls: 1956's Miss America was Sharon Ritchie of Colorado. Today Colorado has the distinction of being the home of more microbreweries than any other state in the union. Which are you most particular about -- your beer, your wine, or your coffee?


I guess that I am less picky these days and more experimental. What if I were missing something good being picky?



9) Random question: We all have small, irritating habits, like soup slurping or not replacing the cap on the toothpaste. What's your nasty little habit?


Getting in my 10k steps on my fitbit even though I'm sick with this horrible Romain illness....

  

Comments

Bev Sykes said…
Did your e. coli come from Romaine lettuce?
JLS Hall said…
I guess everyone was spooked by those flying monkeys.

That's awful about getting ill from eating romaine. Hope you feel better soon.
The Gal Herself said…
OH NO on the e coli. Feel better!

My favorite coffee shop is completely overrun on Sunday mornings. I don't even bother anymore because the wait is so long and then it's so noisy. A completely different place than the other 6 days of the week. Interesting that it's not just a local a phenomenon and you have to deal with it, too.
Stacy said…
Yikes! I hope it's not really e coli and that you're feeling better soon.
Diana_CT said…
Congratulation on your daughter getting engaged. <3
CountryDew said…
Oh dear, I am sorry you're not well. I had e-coli about 20 years ago when I was younger and stronger. I would hate to get it now. Take care of yourself.
Kwizgiver said…
HOLY MOLY on the ecoli! I hope you have a speedy recovery!
I am Harriet said…
I'm pretty sure that it did
I am Harriet said…
Thanks everyone. I'm slowly starting to feel better...

Popular Posts