On and On

So, I am here again even though my regular site is okay right now.



On and On (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song describes the plight of "poor ol' Jimmy," who caught his girlfriend kissing someone else. Have you ever spied on a romantic partner?


----------no. I remember plenty of guys driving past my house when I was in high school though


2) In this song, Stephen Bishop sings that he "smiles when he feels like dying." When did you recently put on a happy face, even though you really weren't all that happy? 



-------------Having to make extra stops when on a quick trip to the store with my husband.
3) Stephen Bishop always wanted to be a musician, and as a child he began playing the clarinet. Did you take lessons -- dance, art, music -- as a child? If yes, did you take them because you enjoyed them, or because your parents made you take them?


----------I was one of the tortured kids.
4) When he was 12, inspired by The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show, he switched to the guitar and began writing songs. Tell us about someone or something that influenced your career path.


-----Gosh, having some money helped me want to buy a restaurant. 
5) Stephen Bishop attended Will C. Crawford High School in San Diego. This school requires students complete 20 hours of community service every year. Tell us about an organization, cause or campaign you volunteered for, either as a student or an adult.


------------ I use to head up the fundraising for PTA's and Band Boosters. 


6) In 1977, when this song was popular, Seattle Slew won racing's Triple Crown. Sam's mother has always been afraid of horses. Is there an animal you're uncomfortable with?

 

--------------Indoor birds. Outdoor ones are okay. I even feed those.

7) Also in 1977, moviegoers waited in line for hours to see Star Wars. What's the longest line you waited in recently?


---Probably some TSA line. Denver had a nasty one.


8) The mini-series Roots first aired in 1977. Today Americans are spending more time and money than ever to research ancestry. How far back can you trace your family tree? 


---I found a loose gathering of one among my mother's things after she died. I fell out of her Bible when I unpacked it in my home. Now I wonder why that happened?
9) Random question: It's often said that nobody's perfect. How about you? What quality keeps you from being perfect? 

----I thought that we were all perfect? We show up every Saturday? Some even remember to show on Sundays. WTH???


-I wanted to let you know that I will be visiting my son next week in Minnesota and that I may not be able to join you all. I am on Blogger today for a reason that has nothing to do with my wordpress site. There is someone who frequents my regular site who has 'over-fanned' (stalker?) me in the past and I need not let that person know my business. 

 Also, the weirdest thing happened with my dog. Remember last week when I mentioned that she was on death's door? She was not doing well. She had not eaten in days and had a stroke etc. I had to keep her alive and out of pain as best that I could. Evidently, someone(s) prayers worked because two days ago she jumped up and wanted to go out and play. She's been eating like a pig and even barking at stuff. So, thank you for those prayers!!!

Comments

Oh God that is such good news about your dog!
And have fun on your getaway.. The weather should be better!
I only did about five of those things on the sign which is a hilarious sign btw.
You poor tortured gal! heehee..
The Gal Herself said…
So glad that your vet's receptionist was such a bitch on the phone when you called to put your dog down. Imagine if she'd been nice! Isn't it funny how things work out? I'm so happy for you and your puppy! Give her a cuddle for me.

Just think of all the students and teachers you helped with those fundraisers!
Stacy said…
Yes! So glad to hear about your dog. Prayers do indeed work. You love on her extra now...she's a miracle dog after all!
Diana_CT said…
Yes, it is amazing about your dog! :)
I had to laugh about indoor birds. It seems like every time I go to Home Depot and down aisle with the bird feed I get buzzed by birds trapped in side Home Depot.
I am Harriet said…
I usually flunk those things...
I am Harriet said…
I keep thinking the same thing about that snot at the Vet's office. You know, I have not even heard from them since that day. Not even a phone call asking how she is doing. #done
I am Harriet said…
It's all you Stacy :) <3
I am Harriet said…
Same thing at Walmart. As long as they don't turd on me, I am okay with them there.
CountryDew said…
I don't like inside birds either. Mostly because they belong outside, free to fly.
Kwizgiver said…
Inside birds freak me out. Ugh.

So glad your pup is responding to our positive vibes. :)

Popular Posts