Gosh I hope not.

I couldn't get my WP site to load right so I just started this Blogger one. I'm not even sure that I still need that WP site any longer...
If anything,. it'll throw off  my stalker.


Saturday 9: Baby Love (1964)



  1) When this song was popular, the Supremes were known for their elaborate hairstyles, make up and full-length gowns. When was the last time you got dressed up?


Define "dressed up"
Actually, I've got like four weddings to attend this year. I cannot remember the last time that I went to a wedding.


2) "The girls," as they were known to the engineers and executives at Motown Records, were Florence Ballard, Mary Wilson and Diana Ross. They began singing together when they were high school classmates. Are you still in touch with any friends from your high school days?

I've had a couple of people come and go from facebook but, no, not really.


3) Mary Wilson was born in Mississippi and her family moved a great deal before settling in Detroit, where she fatefully met Florence and Diana. Were you uprooted often when you were a child? Or did you spend your school years in the same neighborhood?


I lived in the same place from about 9 months until I went to college. I've been here a bit longer than I would have wanted to be here.



4) The Supremes began as a quartet called the Primettes. In addition to Mary, Flo and Diana, there was Betty McGlown. In 1960, Betty left the group to get married and was replaced by Barbara Martin. In 1962, Barbara left the group to have a baby. They quit trying to replace the fourth voice, soldiered on as a trio, and made pop history. Have you ever found yourself in a position similar to Betty's or Barbara's, where you had to make a difficult decision and choose between your personal life and your career?

Moving while pregnant with my second child and giving up my nursing career to raise kids. I'm happy though.




5) Thinking of babies and "baby love," is anyone in your life expecting a baby in 2018?


I just saw my daughter's 2nd grade bff is pregnant with #3.  If it is the same baby daddy as no.'s 1 &2, he's probably back in prison for being unable to keep his hands to himself....
She's a really pretty girl and I've always liked her a lot. I'm really sad that she is not following her talents and dreams.




6) With twelve #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, The Supremes remain America's most commercially successfully recording group, and this song (along with "Stop! In the Name of Love") is one of the most popular karaoke songs. If we handed you the mic this morning and absolutely insisted you perform, what song would you choose (any song, any genre)?



I'd probably just make snoring sounds like my large canine is doing right now.


7) Original group member Florence Ballard left the group in 1967. She died of cardiac arrest in 1976 at the age of 32. Since February is National Heart Month, it seems appropriate to ask: Is anyone in your life battling heart disease?

Gosh I hope not.


8) Florence Ballard's brother, Hank, wrote Chubby Checker's famous dance song, "The Twist." When did you last dance? 

(I'm guessing at least 2 others will be posting this)





9) Random question: Close your eyes and visualize the most beautiful place you've ever been. Now describe it to us.

I'm at a beach watching the waves go by and ignoring anything in the news that may have occurred this week..cough cough....



My schnauzer is still alive. She has her moments but, she does not seem to be in a lot of pain at the moment. We're just taking it one day at a time.

We also have a venue for the wedding. It's getting more expensive by the moment. Did you know that the average wedding costs about $40k these days? Geeze. No wonder why  Millennials are taking their time when it comes to getting married.



Comments

Hey, any port in a storm, they say....
"Great Expectations" have made weddings cost half as much as much as a college education? Gah!
Anyway, the Ocean is one of the best places to lose yourself in the eternal. It was a toss up between Sunset Cliffs and the little river....
The Gal Herself said…
I completely understand what you're going through with your schnauzer. It's such a hard but loving journey we go through with them as they age.

#5: I understand your ambivalence about the way that young woman's life is unfolding.
Diana_CT said…
I am looking for a place by the water so I can just lay out on the beach soaking up the sun and being relaxed by the waves.
Kwizgiver said…
Sending some love to your pup. And you.
Nonnie said…
Awww, so sorry. We went through that the past few years with our schnauzer, too. She was 17 when she passed. The Elaine dance was a hoot! It's always been one of my favorites. I feel sad for the young woman. A cousin of mine married a guy who would get her pregnant and then leave her. She struggled to raise those three girls, but she did it and did a good job of it. She finally met and married a wonderful guy.
CountryDew said…
That is way too much for a wedding. That's a down payment on a house. Can't you convince them to elope? Sheesh. I kind of like the new look here.

Popular Posts