You heard it here first

wow!


Actually, it is probably 49 now.. but who is counting?



Saturday 9: Along Comes a Friend (Theme from Kate and Allie) (1984)


1) This week's song is the theme from Kate and Allie, a sitcom that ran from 1984 to 1989. Were you a fan?

No. I was busy being a young adult with my first real job.



2) The show was about two divorced women who live and raise their children together. Were you ever a single parent? Were you raised by a single parent?

nope. nope.


3) Allie is proud that she can make a perfect cup of coffee: "Just the essence of the bean. No acidity." Kate is proud that she can belch the alphabet. What are you proud of?

You heard it here first. I am training to do a marathon. Mostly walking however. But, because I was on crutches a year ago- I think that is pretty good :)

4) Kate and Allie share half of a duplex in Greenwich Village. Many episodes had them doing laundry in the basement. Where are your washer and dryer?

Just around the corner from where  I am sitting right now.

5) Kate was played by Susan St. James. She was familiar to viewers as the "wife" in McMillan and Wife. Without looking it up, do you know who played McMillan?

Oh- was it Rock Hudson or someone?

6) Allie was played by Jane Curtin. She was one of three women in the original Saturday Night Live cast. Without looking it up, can you name the other two?
Well obviously Gilda. And um that skinny one Loraine or someone.

7) On the set, Jane Curtin ran a poker game for the cast and crew. Do you think winning at poker takes more luck or skill?

Cheating skills from what I hear, not that I would know.


8) The Kate & Allie theme was cowritten and sung by John Lefler. Years later, Mr. Lefler wrote the theme for the Pokemon show. Is anyone in your life into Pokemon?
An acquaintance and scary enough, her husband too. I'll keep it at that.

9) Random question: What's the last thing you whispered? 

Probably some random 4 letter word while stepping on a dog toy or worse, a dog dropping.


Have a great weekend. I am in search of a replacement small dog. So sad. They sure got expensive too. I am also looking into rescue sites around here.



Comments

I was wondering what you might be whispering about. And ya, I was pretty busy through those years, and actually happy until Christmas of 89.
Is Autumn that close? I'd better get busy....
Stacy said…
You go girl! That's awesome that you're training for a marathon. Who would have thought it last year? Adults like Pokemon? Laughing at your whispers...My mom had to enter my house yesterday while I wasn't home. My dog was having "intestinal issues" yesterday and left a present on the rug right inside the door. Mom stepped in it. How do I know? She left a big note written all in caps taped to my door.
The Gal Herself said…
So you're saying it's only 50 days until the Cubs are in the playoffs and the Cardinals aren't?

Yes, it was "Rock Hudson or someone." It'd have to be at least someone, wouldn't it, Harriet?

Rescue? YES!
Nonnie said…
Congratulations on overcoming and training for that marathon! Good job!i hope you find a dog as wonderful as the last one we rescued. She has turned out to be an amazing dog.
CountryDew said…
A marathon! I am so impressed. I hope you make it. Great goal to set for yourself.
Kwizgiver said…
If I lived closer, I would totally make a fancy sign and cheer you on for the marathon! Wowee!!!
I am Harriet said…
I'm seeing a lot of halloween stuff in the stores already.
I am Harriet said…
Stepping in it is the worst....
I am Harriet said…
I am so glad we can say that about the Cards. I hope I can get a rescue (small) dog in the near future
I am Harriet said…
I have two mix rescues right now and they are great dogs
I am Harriet said…
I'm working on it :)
I am Harriet said…
And I would buy you Reese's for doing it too :)

Popular Posts