Yes. I have.

Yeah! New cageless animal crackers!




Kwiz posted this ... (it's an introvert joke)





Think (1968)
In fond remembrance of The Queen of Soul (1942-2018).

1) As befits one of America's premiere artists, Aretha Franklin sang at three Presidential inaugurations. The first was Jimmy Carter's in 1977, when she sang "God Bless America." What's your favorite patriotic song?


It really depends on the situation I think for me anyway..


2) The daughter of a Baptist minister, Aretha grew up with church music. She told Rolling Stone one of her favorite songs was the hymn, "Victory Is Mine." What's your favorite religious song?

I am not sure that I have a favorite. Sorry.


3) She welled up a bit when President George H. W. Bush presented her with the nation's highest civilian award, the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005. When is the last time you shed a tear?

Earlier today looking at all of the dogs who need a home.

Petfinder: 101 Reasons to Adopt ... pets leave you presents


4) In 1980, the Queen of Soul sang for the Queen of England in a Command Performance at The Royal Albert Hall. Have you ever been to London?

Yes. I have.


5) Since Aretha had many honorary degrees, it would have been appropriate to refer to her as Dr. Franklin. Who is the last person you referred to by his or her title (Officer, Father, Sgt., Dr., etc.)?


Ha ha. I'm a blank.
I have referred to certain folks by 'titles' that they may be worthy of in my opinion though lol..


6) In this week's song, Aretha tells her lover that it doesn't take a high IQ to understand what's going on in their relationship. Do you know your IQ?


I know it as it was some 35-40 years ago. Since then I have had kids and gone through mentalpause. I'm guess it has gone down a few notches.



7) A sculpture of Aretha is on display at Madame Tussaud's in New York. Do you think wax museums are cool, or creepy?


It depends on the individual wax figure really. I saw one the other day of one of those Kardashian women and it was all butt. Now that is creepy. 




8) Aretha and Motown legend Smokey Robinson were literally lifelong friends, since they were playground buddies in Detroit. Smokey is one of the only people who can claim to have seen The Queen of Soul with a bucket in a sandbox. If we went to the playground today, would you head for the swings, the slide or the jungle gym? Or, like Aretha, would you play in the sand?


I'm a swing person although, certainly NOT a swinger thank you.



9) Random question: Do you like pumpkin seeds?


You know, I really have to make them myself because the ones that you buy are always way too salty and that really ruins the taste for me.

So next weekend I get my new puppy.
Here's a bit of drama though. I applied for a rescue dog over a month ago and was told that that dog was already adopted and that I would be put on some list. Earlier this week I got some notice that they were processing my application for that dog. Then I got a notice that I passed the application test- #1 of 2 and that they would let me know after they evaluate #2. I have not heard back from them. So, I could be getting two new dogs- my total limit here. Or just one cute puppy. Considering it took them a month to get to me about that dog who they once said had been adopted out, you never know where this is going to go.


And...drum roll please here Gal.. I successfully completed my marathon yesterday. Fitbit says that I did 60,115 steps and 26.96 miles. It took most of the day to do although, I did take some rest breaks and I did get a bit of work done. The last few miles, truth be told, were successful with the help of a bit of wine too. But I feel great now and am moving on to the puppyworld.

Kids are back to school here and have been for over a week. What is up with that?? 


Toodles...

Comments

Bev Sykes said…
We have a lot of similar comments (or will, when I get mine written). I wish you luck with the puppy(ies?) though it's taken so long since you applied, the dog may be an adolescent now! What breed?
The Gal Herself said…
WAY TO GO, HARRIET! And if wine helps, well, why not?

I'm just as happy about the puppy as I am about the run. Adopting is better than shopping. And it pleases me to think of how lucky some puppy will be to end up with you.
Stacy said…
Wow! Congratulations on the marathon! Nearly 27 miles...that should be inspiring, but it kind of makes me want to skip straight to the wine and the sofa. LOL

Good luck with your new pup or pups! They are lucky to be getting you as their "mom."
Diana_CT said…
Whew, I think I do 26 miles in a month
Lori said…
Loved your answers! I am right there with you on the IQ! It is crazy!
I have three dogs. Love them all dearly. I cannot wait to see your new baby or babies!
Have a nice weekend!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Kwizgiver said…
WAY TO GO! You are officially my marathon hero!!!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your fur baby(ies)!

xo
CountryDew said…
Congrats on the marathon. Didn't you have a bad knee like not long ago?!? Good luck with the doggie adoption.
Nonnie said…
Wow!! I am very impressed with your mileage. I love that you are adopting a new friend. We have the last four dogs we've had and each one has been so very special.
I so GET #5. Lol! Your take on EVERYthing is so fun.. And I hope you get one cute puppy. That would be very fine, though I can understand wanting two. I want two. Yes, the kids are back in school here .. college anyway.

Popular Posts