Daily in some form or another.




Saturday 9: Love Don't Cost a Thing (2001) 

1) Love may not cost a thing, but everyday stuff does. What's the most recent thing you bought? How much did you spend? 

I bought some essential oils. Under $10 on Amazon


2) This video begins with Jennifer Lopez on the phone, on a veranda with a view of the sea. What's the view from the room you're in right now? 

An actual spring day outside egad!


3) She sings that she doesn't want her lover's gifts or money, she just wants his attention. Let's change that a bit. Which would you prefer: a gift that was personally chosen but you know you'll never use, or cash?

Like I'd get either from the bums in my life....  they'd have to remember my birthday.

Next.


4) She met her first husband, dancer Cris Judd, while working on this video. She met Ben Affleck, to whom she was once engaged, while working on a movie. Think of those you're closest to -- where did you meet them?


The bar at Bennigans


5) She and her current boyfriend, former Yankee Alex Rodriguez, are both workout fanatics. How often do you exercise?  

Daily in some form or another.



6) Her high school nickname was "La Guitarra," because her curvy shapereminded her friends of a guitar. Share a high school memory about you and your friends

When the teachers went on strike we helped them picket because they assured us we would not get into trouble and would get a day off in essence. I did have one  scab friend of course who wasted her time and went to class. Hope she learned her lesson.


7) JLo just completed filming her third season playing a police detective on NBC's Shades of Blue. Did you see anything memorable on TV this past week?

I checked out that show Staten Island Hustle. I never would have guessed that there were tacky looking people living there who were obsessed with money, make up and plastic surgery. The show was not bad though once you get past all that.


8) Jennifer Lopez posts often on Facebook, and Twitter, and Instagram. Do you feel you spend too much time on social media, do you wish you posted more often, or do you try to avoid it altogether?

I use to love Instagram until Facebook bought it and ruined that too with their lack of  caring for people and their stupid algorithm  telling you what you want to see. Over and over again.
9)  Random question: You're at a yard sale and come upon an unusual little knicknack that would make the perfect gift for your best friend. The tag says $7. You think that's rather high for a castoff. Do you pay it? Do you pass on it? Or do you try to get the seller to lower the price?

I don't usually negotiate at garage sales. I haven't been to one in years to be honest. I did find a cool bowl at Goodwill when I went with my daughter when she was amassing items for her Secret Santa. Goodwill is basically grandma's attic and grandpa's basement cleaned out for a tax deduction by the kids.


Anyone still looking at snow? Our pollen is going crazy here. 


Comments

Stacy said…
Oh, that Maxine cartoon...we just had snow on Thursday, but Friday was sunny, "stuff" popped out all over the place, and the allergy season began. Today the pollen count is only moderate, but Sunday and Monday promise to be high. I'm soooo excited.

Ha! Yeah, I have a couple of bums in my life that don't remember my birthday until Facebook reminds them and then I get a message if I'm lucky.
The Gal Herself said…
Aw, Bennigan's! I miss it! There isn't a single location anywhere near the city anymore. There used to be two within walking distance of my office.
Kwizgiver said…
Still looking at snow here--although it is *finally* melting.
CountryDew said…
We are finally - I hope - having spring, although we had three tornadoes earlier in the week so that's no good. We aren't supposed to have tornadoes here in the mountains.

Popular Posts